Chili Cook Application
To enter the ICS competition chili, you must be a member of ICS. The information can be found at: www.chilicookoff.com People’s Choice competition does not require ICS membership. All we require is minimum 10 gallons of chili.
Cash Prizes for this year are:
ICS Red Chili
35th Annual Chili Cook-Off & Car Show - June 22, 2024
The Knights of Columbus, Simi Valley Council #5803 present their Annual Chili Cook-Off & Car Show on the park-like grounds of St. Rose of Lima School in Simi Valley. The school is located behind St. Rose of Lima Church at 1305 Royal Ave. The occasion is open to the public. Previous events had more than 5,000 people anxious to sample chili, see cars, listen to music and enjoy the day with their family and friends. Of course, there will be hot dogs, hamburgers, funnel cake, kettle corn, cotton candy, snow cones, ice cream and ice cold beer, margaritas & soft drinks. This affordable family event has something for everyone!
The Chili Competition is an International Chili Society (ICS) sanctioned event. The ICS is a not-for-profit organization that sanctions chili cook offs. These events are worldwide and benefit charities or nonprofit organizations. The ICS is the largest food contest, festival organization in the world.
The most popular category is our Peoples’ Choice Chili. The awards will be plaques plus $1,000 for 1st place, $500 for 2nd place, and $250 for 3rd place. Entrance requirements for chili cooks is a minimum of 10 gallons of chili. (Hint: the more chili you bring the better your chance at winning). There is no fee to compete in the Peoples’ Choice category. Due to popularity of the event, early sign up is recommended. EACH TEAM ENTERING THE COMPETITION AND COMPLYING WITH ALL OF THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR A $100 STIPEND TO BE PAID AT THE END OF THE EVENT!
The popular Restaurant Competition will provide a plaque and bragging rights for the winning restaurant.
The ICS competition first-place winner may be eligible to compete in the World’s Championship Chili Cookoff regional semi-finals being held later this summer. ICS cooks will be charged a $50.00 fee if they are not ICS members. Our ICS competition winners will receive: $100 for 1st Place, $50 for 2nd and $25 for 3rd.
There will be non-stop family entertainment. Our main stage will feature multiple bands including:
Caught Red-Handed and Sal D’Angelo and the Seventh Son. There will be line dancing, traditional and contemporary country music, and popular music.
Over 80 of California’s finest arts & crafts vendors will be on hand for you to take home something unique and special from the day. Arts & Crafts vendors will delight in the high traffic booth areas that are available to showcase their products to thousands of potential buyers.
This 1st class car show features 100+ of the finest automobile in Southern California in categories for Classic, Custom, Street Rods, Muscle, Sport, Trucks, and Special Interest vehicles.
Chili Cook Rules and Instructions
- Customers are allowed unlimited tastes. Customers get only 1 taste at a time, but they can return later.
- Tastes should be tastes (~2 oz., not bowls or larger servings). Note: The more people you serve, the more opportunity to get votes.
- Prizes will be based on the number of votes for your chili. Votes will be collected at a central location, not at your booth.
- Booths will be supplied with a pop-up canopy.
- Cooks must supply their own tables, chairs, decorations, etc…..
- Propane heating is encouraged.
- Electricity can be supplied, but you must bring your own extension cords (100-foot heavy duty is recommended).
- Check-in/setup will start at 7:00 a.m.
- Each Chili Booth location will be assigned at check-in.
- Each Chili Booth will be given event admission for four people. Anyone else must pay to enter the event.
- Chili Cooks must park their vehicles in the Royal High School parking lot across the street after setting up.
- Have Fun. Keep in mind that this is an event to raise money to support the activities of the Knights of Columbus.
- Event ends at 4:00pm. Your booth must be clear by 5:00.